Brief Description of Company or Position:
FOR IMMEDIATE OPPORTUNITIES
Position: Senior / Junior Event Planner & Production Sales Executive
Reports To: President
Gateway Productions is a full service production and special event
company servicing national and local clients since 1999. We handle all
types and sizes of events from small private events, social events,
weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs, to large scale corporate events,
festivals, concerts (college or touring), event brand marketing,
commencements and more. Gateway Productions is a small business we
specialize in Audio, Video, Lighting, Staging, and Special Effects and
have a staff of 5. Some of our properties include
bostonjumbotrons.com, bostonlasershows.com, bostonconfetti.com,
bostongeneratorrentals.com, partyrockconcerts.com, bostonlighting.com
and more. Our gear ranges from audio line arrays, concert sound, soft
goods, high powered projection, rigging equipment, led video walls,
theatrical lighting, staging, specialty production décor, lasers and
special effects. Etc. If your familiar with any of the items and have
a love for all things gear, events and helping planning events. We
want to know if you fit the following to help us sell!
The Event Sales Executive is responsible for handling all outside
event sales from lead generation, conception to contract and support.
Specific Job Duties:
• Develop, Maintain, and Build event accounts including venues,
planners, colleges, corporate accounts, other AV companies, etc.
• Design & Implement Marketing Strategies (newsletters, facebook,
twitter, website) and Marketing Collateral (price sheets, brochures)
specific to each individual event market.
• Track Marketing components for success/failure rates.
• Influence company acquisitions of new products with respect to
researched increase in sales potential / roi
• Monthly attendance to one or more industry association (NACE, MPI,
ISES) meetings as well as involvement on at least one board or
committees accordingly and organize our company donations to them and
make them widely available.
• Follow up with annual event clients to ensure event retention
• Meet or Exceed Sales Goals set forth by company
• Assist President with daily activities and some administrative
• Pursuit of Awards such as we currently are a Knot Best of Wedding
2013 and others
• Plan and interact with customers through their entire experience.
• Assist operations with client needs and timing
Skills & Competencies
• Self Motivated, Fun and Outgoing Personality, Flexible, ‘Can-do’
• Ready for last minute requests with a go get attitude!
• MUST have base knowledge of lighting and production elements
• MUST have Computer Skills: minimum of Microsoft Office, Adobe
Photoshop & (or Illustrator+), additional event design programs a
plus, vector works etc,
• MUST be able to communicate with issues ad process them by
• Event planner designation a very big plus and a must for Seniors
• MUST have reliable car and transportation NO EXCEPTIONS
• MUST have and be willing to completely dedicate your cell phone to
work activities 100% NO EXCEPTIONS
• MUST have valid and good standing credit with no bankruptcies NO
• MUST reside in or around the north shore area NO EXCEPTIONS
• MUST be able to start with in no more than 2 weeks after initial
• MUST have Previous Event Sales experience preferably 1-4 years for
junior and at least 5 years for senior.
• MUST be able to travel across country at any moment for an
extended period or for sales or shows.
• Minimum of associates degree and or bachelor in a relative field
• Have been away no longer than 1 years away from participating in
the event market and production field
• Must have some experience with destination / meeting / wedding
• This is not a 9-5 job. Work hours vary from week to week,
depending on meeting and event schedule. Must be flexible depending on
season; work late at events if required even on Friday Saturday and
• Ability and Willingness to set and run events as needed with team.
(May need to lift upwards of 50 lbs. and not being afraid of getting
the hands dirty)
• This position can be a flexible work at home career as you learn
however position will be based out of Newburyport, MA and you will be
expected to be present most work days but not all, make your own
Compensation will vary depending on experience. This will be a full
time commitment and not part time with starting base salary for Junior
could be 35-40k; Senior 45-65k. Possible commissions can be talked
about, salary and or bonus assessment in 6 months and 12 months.
Health, Dental, Vision Benefits are available if needed. Company owned
Laptop, Tablet, AMEX, and Membership to any special event community,
association accreditation costs covered and on occasion travel to
industry expos. Due to the nature of the event market vacation time
and the flexibility in our work space, you will be expected to manage
your time off if needed ahead of time in accordance with operations
Minimum of 3 Month work trial before employment commitment, no longer
PLEASE RESPOND VIA EMAIL CURRENTLY WITH COVER LETTER, RESUME,
REFERENCES, PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENTS, PORTFOLIO (IF AVAILABLE). If we call
for interviews it will be immediate and there maybe a few.
Salary Range & Benefits: 35-65 doe
To Apply Please Contact::